Welcome to our School
Our Mission here at Skidby is,
Bringing out the best in all children.
My name is Steve Honey and I became Headteacher of this school in 2003. I have spent over 40 years in teaching in many different settings and I have been working for the East Riding of Yorkshire Education Council since 1986 when I started work at Wilberfoss Primary School. Since then I have worked in small and large Primary schools where I have gained considerable experience from very talented and committed colleagues.
Skidby School is a small school with between 60 and 70 children, we have 3 classes so all children are taught in mix aged mixed ability groups. Children learn to be independent and self sufficient and many go onto secondary school to take up roles of responsibility including as Head boy and Head Girl. A significant number go onto university and the first cohort from 2003 are now entering the world of work as scientists and teachers.
Since 2003 great changes have been seen here at Skidby School not only to the physical layout of the school , both internally and externally but also in terms of technology, teaching and support staff and to the ways in which teaching and learning are undertaken. But underlying this has been a firm commitment to the schools motto, “Bringing out the best in all children”.
I hope you enjoy our website. Please contact us if you need any further information.
What is Spirituality at our school:
Spirituality in our church school is anchored in the spiritual,moral,social and cultural development of all learners and is rooted in our Christian values:thankfulness,humility,perseverance,self-esteem,friendship and curiosity.
The exploration of these values makes the concept of spirituality tangible for our children.
Our school Values.
Following extensive investigation with Parents, pupils and staff at our school we have focused on 6 Values for our school. Over the last 2 months these values have been made into banners and from 16th June have been hung in our school hall.
Welcome from the Headteacher
Welcome to our school, I hope you enjoy your visit to our school website.
This web site has been produced to give you information about the life and work of Skidby C. of E. School, which is a Voluntary Controlled, co-educational Church of England School.
It is our aim at our school to provide for each and every child:
1. A working partnership between home and school.
2. It is our goal that children, parents or adults with responsibility, staff and other adults at Skidby C. of E. School work together as a team to provide the highest level of education for all pupils.
3. Provide a learning environment.
4. Our school offers a happy, secure and caring environment, which stimulates learning, encourages courtesy, a consideration for the needs of others and an understanding of the wider community.
5. Provide a well-balanced and broad curriculum.
6. Our aim is to address the whole development of the child. We aim to teach them to apply their acquired knowledge to the development of personal and social skills and increase their moral, spiritual and social awareness.
7. To provide equal opportunity for all children.
8. In our school we offer all children the same opportunities regardless of gender, race or religious belief.
9. To ensure that every child achieves their full potential and raise standards.
10. In our school we recognise that each child is unique and has individual needs and strengths. We aim to build self-esteem and to recognise achievement in all areas of life. To build self-confidence, motivation and commitment.
11.To develop high standards of discipline.
12. In our school we have developed a policy, which rewards children for good behaviour and sets out our high expectations of behaviour, attendance and punctuality.
If you require any further information please don't hesitate to make contact with us by phone or via the link on the site, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
There are currently no comments.